1. As part of its role as a pre-school, door to learning, and as a community activities centre, the Cold Lake Public Library offers programs for citizens of all ages. Programs may be developed and presented by library staff or may be co-sponsored by the library and other community groups/organizations.
2. Pre-school storytime programs and Family Fridays will be presented by library staff on a regular schedule throughout the year. Other programs for children and young adults will be planned, staff time and budget permitting, during school holidays and summer vacations.
3. Each year, with input from the Administrative Team, the library director will establish a budget for author visits, hiring summer reading programmers, and purchasing materials for children’s programming.
4. Programs for adults are to be a collaborative effort of the Administrative Team and may be scheduled throughout the year as interest warrants. Speakers from community groups and businesses may be invited to present programs on topics of general interest or of a timely nature. No funds are available to pay speakers or performers.
5. Presenters may not directly solicit business before, during, or following a program, although cards and brochures may be left on the display table for attendees to pick up.
6. No fees may be charged to attend any library sponsored or co-sponsored program unless it is on a cost-recovery basis for supplies.
7. Library programs are generally open to anyone wishing to attend. If space restrictions or program requirements limit the number of people who may attend, registration shall be required and preference will be given to those who register first.
8. Persons attending library sponsored and co-sponsored programs are expected to adhere to the library’s policies on patron conduct.